Professional Work Experience:
- IT Infrastructure Specialist, ABBVIE, Worcester, MA, 2013-present. Provided leadership, technical guidance, and escalation point for the implementation and operations of Abbvie’s companywide backup and disaster recovery infrastructure on the four major Enterprise Data Centers and ten Manufacturing Campus Compute Sites. Architected, managed, and implemented IT infrastructure solutions – virtualization, on premise cloud, data storage, backup, data protection, disaster recovery, data centers, and servers, as well as validation, security, and compliance of the infrastructure. Optimized IT infrastructure by implementing security, software upgrades, redundancy, capacity planning, monitoring, performance tuning, ensuring high-availability and efficient utilization of IT services.
- Sr. Systems Analyst, ABBOTT LABORATORIES, Worcester, MA, 2003-2012. Architected and implemented VMware virtualization, and consolidated hundreds of servers, improving the server provisioning time from 4 weeks to 1 week, and saving the company a couple of millions in server hardware costs. Led the design and implementation of site wide search engine, increasing productivity of employees by 30%. Architected, deployed, and operated storage infrastructure consisting of 5 NetApp appliances and 2 EMC VNX. Performed upgrade and data migration of 100TB of data. Designed and built High Performance Compute cluster for scientific and genomics applications, improving compute time and productivity of scientists. Served as technical expert and led projects and staff in developing and implementing products and operational improvements.
- Technical Team Lead, GENUITY INC. (a.k.a. GTE INTERNETWORKING, BBN), Woburn, MA, 2000-2003. Led a technical QA Engineering team in performing installation, configuration, systems integration, and testing of Genuity’s web hosting products, site acceleration (caching) services and managed security services. Performed project management tasks such as scheduling, project coordination, and reporting. Successfully completed various projects from the design phase, test plan development, installation, test cases execution, documentation, performance analysis, monitoring testing, and final system test.
- Systems/Network Engineer, SEQUEL COMMUNICATIONS INC., South Plainfield, NJ, 1997-2000. Designed, implemented, and operated the Wide Area Data and Voice Network of the company’s six sites and its customers’ Internet connection. Configured and operated networking and telephony equipment including Cisco routers, switches, multiplexers, terminal servers and dialogic boards. Provisioned lease lines, T1, ISDN, International E1, frame-relay, and VoIP networks. Performed systems administration tasks on Sun Solaris, Linux, Novell Netware and Windows NT Servers running telephony applications, Oracle databases and Internet services including DNS, DHCP, sendmail, Apache web servers and squid cache server.
- Held Systems and Network Administration jobs at various companies and universities, 1993-1997